Tuesday, January 24, 2012

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!



Yes folks, I have come out of hibernation, out of hiatus and out of active convolescence and have rejoined the working world.
And yesterday kinda kicked my butt.  I went back to both of my jobs.  No use sticking your toe in the shallow end.  JUST JUMP IN THE DEEP END!  And man it was cold!





Actually it was not that bad. After the 100+ emails and staring at my desk for twenty minutes trying to figure out where I had left off, things were pretty much back to a regular pace.  Co-workers expressed concerned and chatted about the scar AND checking out this blog (score!!).  And then at the end of the day, I went to job #2, where I was greeted with the "how're you doing?" and "did it hurt?" 

Clearly they are not following my blog.

Today was not bad at all.  Little less pain.  A little more tingling.  And that's never a bad thing!

I went back to my Tae Kwon Do class tonight and YES MOTHER, I took it easy!  I updated everyone on my progress and then I was able to share my story with a classmate who had had his jaw broken.  We bonded over face and neck surgeries!  Awesome. I guess this is how pregnant women bond by sharing birth stories.  You just don't get it unless you've been there.  Like war.  Or surviving band camp.

And after listening to me tell the tale of my epic, life changing surgery and displaying the wickedly awesome scar, one of the younger students, age seven, tells me that I should tell people that I survived a shark attack.  She is a funny kid!!
.

I then talked with my aunt, WHO also has had numerous neck surgeries and she just encouraged me to take it easy still and to take my time getting back into the swing of things so I don't hurt myself.
Point taken.

I will say that since I have returned to work, time seems to go so....much....slower. I'll be at my desk thinking at least forty minutes has passed.  Nope, only four. But on the other hand, it feels good to breathe fresh air and to feel the sun.  Oh, sunlight, I missed you.

I do not miss daytime television.  This is what I learned, television wise, over the past two weeks.

1. Maury Povich pretty much has the same show on everyday.  Woman doesn't know who the father of her kid is.  She brings on at least three different men.  He is NOT the father. She runs off the stage and wails.  Guy dances on stage. And repeat. OR the guy denies he is the father. Maury says he IS and the girl laughs in his face.

2. Wendy Williams.  She wears wigs. And looks as if she is about to fall over.  How you doin?

3. There is a Golden Girls marathon on Hallmark channel. Everyday.  And I watched.  Looking back, I remember watching this show when I was younger.  Now I get the jokes and how inappropriate for a child to watch.

4.  There is NOTHING on between the hours of 12 and 5 pm.

However, I did use some of my time productively and am now happily addicted to Downton Abbey.  It's on PBS and it's set in England around the start of the first World War and it is awesome. Like a period soap opera.  I am also hooked on Switched at Birth, the Bridal shows and any cooking show where someone gets voted off. I am blaming that on the Percocet.

I am guessing that this might be the last blog for a little bit. Not sure what else I can write about as I continue to recover day by day. I will update after my follow up appointment in early February.

So until then, from me, my face, Timmy and Dwayne, thanks for reading and I hope you got  at least a few chuckles and smiles.

From both sides of your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment