Saturday, January 7, 2012

Say hello to my little friend!

His name is Dwayne and he is my drain. He won't be around for long.  He will be leaving me on Monday.

I am aware that this is a reference to Scarface, which I have not seen, but I know there are drugs involved and since I am taking lots of pain meds and I will have a scar on my face, so there you go.
I should also apologize if this doesn't make sense because I am in a little more pain than I expected.

I got to the surgery center early Thursday morning and we got signed in.  And everyone that came in after me was under the age of 8. Seriously.  What sort of operation was this were these people running? But then, I realized that they were all there with their mommies and so was I, so there!
I talked to a dear friend via the telephone prior to getting into the swing of things and mentioned what I was wearing.  Fake Uggs, polka-dotted knee socks, black yoga pants, a tank top, a coral tunic and a brown knee length cardigan.

Yep I was dressed a 4 year old refugee from an 80s Punky Brewster Commune. Or Sophia Petrillo from the Golden Girls.
BUT, my socks DID match my surgical gown.

And in the pre-op room, they were playing the soundtrack from Glee, season 1.  Awesome!

Everything else was pretty much run of the mill, except for all the 4 years screaming after coming out of anesthesia.  That would make me run the other way if I was up next for surgery. And I didn't think that the staff would appreciate a grown woman doing the same.

Met some of the surgucal staff and it was then that I realized that my doctor reminded me of Sean Hayes from Will and Grace.

Yes, my doctor was Jack McFarland.

 Except with glasses. Sweet.

Don't remember much after that. Waking up from the anesthesia was so tough. It felt so good but they had to get me up and going.  Surgery was a little longer than expected but they wanted to make sure they got everything.

My mom has been a busy bee, taking care of my every whim by day and snoring loudly at night. (Shh, don't tell her).

My face is sore. Part of it is numb, like from the middle of my ear down. I will save you the horrible picture of the stitches, which come out on Wednesday afternoon.

I have no energy and I don't want to eat.  But I do have an awesome swollen lip courtesy of the breathing tube.
Take that Angelina Jolie. (Plus I sorta look like I'm a part time DJ, spinning on the one and twos).

Until a little later my readers, I am going to take another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment