Just wanted to give a quick update on the face.
My last visit to the good doctor was in July, right before the 4th. A $40 day co-pay and 20 minutes to say that everything looks good. This is great news. I don't have to see the doc again until January, when it'll be a year. Wow, a year. He told me to keep checking to see if any more lumps come back, no matter how small and if I feel anything weird, then I should come back immediately.
And I check everyday!
I still have some residual numbness and tingling, but I don't think that should never go away.
Other highlights since my last posting:
1. I was in a wedding at the end of May and my smile was on point, so I didn't mess up any of the happy couple's photos (which was a big fear of mine).
2. It hurts to do sit ups. Whatever do you mean? I could do sit ups before -poorly- but still I managed to get in some crunches every now and then. But now, since the muscle,fascia and whatever else was cut, it feels like the scar is pulling and it's a very strange and odd sensation...almost painful. So this is my free pass to get out of sit ups and crunches forever. Or at least until it no longer feels weird.
3.I can wear earrings again without it hurting. Again, nerves were cut to the ear and the sensation of putting a simple stud in my ear felt like I had put in a 2 pound weight. Pins and needles times 10. Now, it feels almost like normal. So Hooray for that.
4. The scar is not so noticeable. I've had one person ask me what happened when she saw the scar. And I wear my hair up and I don't try to hide it. I thought the scar would not heal as well as it had. I confess I had my doubts. Good job Dr. Also, I have not experienced the side effect of salivating through the side of my face- Frey's Syndrome- which I was afraid of, for real.
5. I still wonder if there are any other random things growing in my body. Every lump, bump, dimple, scratch, freckle looks suspicious. I notice everything now, in hopes that I can catch something early like with Timmy the Tumor, which leads me to
6. This will be my first birthday in some time that Timmy won't be with me to celebrate. I can't say that I miss him. He was never invited and eventually would have turned on me, I just know it. He had to go and nine months later, I have no regrets.
I am not even going to mention Dwayne.
And so friends, these are the updates. I will be celebrating an birthday in a few days and I will be celebrating it as a healthy and happy individual!