Monday, February 6, 2012

Be careful or your face will freeze that way!!

Hello all! 
One month out and my face and scar are looking good!  Well, at least according to Dr. CD. 
Today I had my 4 week post-op appointment, which took all of ten minutes.  And eight of those were Dr. CD typing up notes in his computer.  The other two, I got a quick facial massage.



Well, more like the good doctor feeling the scar and making sure everything was on the up and up.

So, he looked at my face and said that it looks good.  See I knew all my hard therapy work would pay off!

Don't judge.


Apparently I heal slowly and then really quickly because my co-workers said that they noticed a difference today from Friday.

And my mother said that she noticed a difference as well.  (She also said that she tries not to stare so much so as to not make me self-conscious.  Well, now knowing that you watch my mouth intently when you're around, makes me more self-conscious.)


I was told to continue doing what I was doing.  Saying the alphabet in a mirror and over enunciating the letters.  Massaging my face.  And my personal favorite, singing in the car.  It's fun.  It's cheap. And I sound awesome.
 

Now, I just have to keep on using my scar cream to help it fade and soften.  My Monday night co-workers assure me that it is looking amazing for a month out.

I can't open my mouth all the way enough to bite into a sandwich without me biting my lip but at least less water is falling out my mouth when I drink liquids.

Brushing my teeth, well... still needs work.
 Image Detail

I go back to Dr. CD in eight weeks to see how things are going.

So, this really may be the last in this series.  I thank you all for your support and love and visits and laughter and prayers and cards and flowers and gifts and cash.  Especially the cash :p

Thank you all for helping me get through this and I was happy to entertain you while I was healing.  And if I ever have any other health related concerns that I can turn into a comedic blog, watch out!!

Love,
me

 This is an old picture but what I am aiming for!

No comments:

Post a Comment